I Understand That Therapy Is A Financial Commitment.
It's also an opportunity to experience growth and healing in a way that can change your life.
I understand that once you make the decision to go to therapy, you want to get the most out of it. It's a serious investment in yourself and your future. That's why we stay focused on achieving your goals in a focused, productive way. I want you to get what you need so you can get on with your life.
Out of pocket investment
$80 per session.
For those in financial need, please ask me about my sliding scale rate. I do not want finances to be a barrier for you.
- Debit/Credit Card
- Health Savings Account (HSA) cards
Bypassing insurance allows for the highest level of flexibility and privacy for my clients.
Benefits of Private Pay include:
- The insurance company can't control or influence how long we work together.
- The insurance company can't influence the methods we use in your counseling.
- The insurance company can't control or influence the frequency or length of your sessions.
- No diagnosis needs to go on your permanent health record.
- No one knows you're in therapy unless you choose to tell them.
I have chosen to not participate with any insurance panels and am considered an out-of-network provider
This means that if your insurance plan has out-of-network benefits for mental health, you may be able to receive reimbursement. You will pay at the time of your session and then I will provide you with an invoice called a "superbill" that you present to your insurance carrier from me as an out-of-network provider. Out-of-network benefits typically cover about 40%-100% of the cost you pay up front, but this is based on your specific insurance plan. It is your responsibility to discuss with your insurance company how much you will be reimbursed.
If you find that this may be too much to hassle with, there is a service called Better that will do the work for you. You will need to provide them with your insurance information, the superbill I will provide you with, and Better will take care of it. They will take a small percentage of what the insurance company reimburses you, but you don't have to go through the process of speaking with your insurance company. To learn learn more, you may visit their website here.
I understand that life happens and you may need to cancel or reschedule. If this happens, please give me 24 hours notice so that I can open up the opportunity to someone else. After your initial session, late cancellations and no shows will be charged for the scheduled session. Of course true emergencies happen and in those cases you will not be charged.
So What Are My Options?
If the cost of counseling seems to be out of reach, consider the following:
- Use pre-tax dollars. Did you know that you can use your Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account to pay for therapy using pre-tax dollars?
- Speak with your tax professional to see if you are able to deduct therapy expenses from your taxes as an out of pocket health expense.
- Reflect on the reality that therapy is an investment in your quality of life and your relationships. Compare the financial cost of short therapy to the possible long-term emotional costs of not seeking help.
Ready to get started?
Reach out in the way that's best for you.